The Puerto Rico Rain Forest
El Yunque National Forest is the only tropical rainforest in the National Forest System. At nearly 29,000 acres, it is one of the most biologically diverse hosting hundreds of animal and plant species, some of which are not found anywhere else in the world.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Sunday: 0800 to 1800.
Status: El Yunque is Currently Open as of December 2019.
The park is OPEN 7 days a week 8am – 6pm
All areas are “No Trash Zones”; Parking is limited to 30 minutes at Yokahú, Juan Diego, and La Coca:
• Portalito HUB: Palmer Visitor’s Center (#54 Calle Principal, Palmer – FREE ENTRY) – 9 am-5 pm
• Carr. 988: Puente Roto & Angelito Trail
• Carr. 191 N: La Coca Trail, La Coca Falls, Yokahú Tower (until 4:30 pm):
Juan Diego, Palma Sierra Picnic Shelters;
Palo Colorado Information Station, Baño Grande, Baño de Oro;
Caimitillo Trail and El Yunque Trail to El Yunque Peak; Mt. Britton Trail, Tower and Spur to El Yunque Peak.
• Carr. 191 South – Naguabo – Rio Sabana Day Use Area – Temporarily closed for landslides
• Carr. 186: Espiritu Santo, El Toro Wilderness Trail y Quebrada Grande Rec. Area
Ready for a fact-finding tour? Place your email below…